K-ETA Requirements

• K-ETA Requirements

Posted by alliejay on August 17, 2024 at 7:01 am

Hi Everyone:

My husband and I are headed for Seoul next month. It is our first visit there. This is not an accessibility question per se, but as everyone here knows, traveling with a disability requires research and preparation for every step of the journey.

I have read that the K-ETA requirements have been suspended until the end of this year and that applying online ahead of time is not necessary (both our passports are on the exempt list).

https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/ie-en/brd/m_23773/view.do?seq=761699&srchFr=&srchTo=&srchWord=&srchTp=&multi_itm_seq=0&itm_seq_1=0&itm_seq_2=0&company_cd=&company_nm=&page=1

What is less clear to me is that it says you can still apply for it online and pay the fee if you don’t want to fill out the entry card. Am I to understand that if we don’t do it ahead of time, we’ll have to queue up at the airport and fill out the card/pay the fee there? I am trying to work out if it’s worth doing this ahead of time. If anyone has been through this recently I’d appreciate some help. Thank you!

alliejay replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • maria

August 18, 2024 at 3:12 am

Hello,

I recently visited S. Korea, and my passport’s issuing country was as well on the K-ETA exception list. So I didn’t apply for K-ETA. During our flight (the 2nd half of it) the cabin crew gave to all the passengers two small printed forms to fill. Those we gave (filled) to the airport staff once we got out of the plane, and went to the passport check desk. There they took a photograph of our faces, checked our passports and that was all! In general we (a group of 5 -2 power wheelchair users-) had a great experience at Incheon airport.

• alliejay

August 19, 2024 at 9:44 pm

Thank you!

Skip to content