Taxi from Haneda

• Taxi from Haneda

Posted by David on July 5, 2024 at 1:46 pm

Are there wheelchair accessible taxis (with chair restraints) readily available on the rank at 9PM for getting to the hotel?

Nick replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • David

July 5, 2024 at 1:48 pm

And what is the expected fare to Shinjuku area?

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    July 5, 2024 at 2:03 pm

Sorry, what does “on the rank of” mean?

I’m not familiar with the term.

• David

July 5, 2024 at 2:24 pm

Taxi rank – where they wait to accept passengers

• Tak

July 5, 2024 at 2:53 pm

Hi David.

Do you want to ride in a taxi while sitting in your wheelchair?

If you want to do that, you have to make a reservation in advance in Japan. And it’s the same not only in Tokyo but all over Japan.

This is required by Japanese law.

I think it’s best to make a reservation by contacting Oshidori-san or Tokyo Care support-san, who are posting on this forum.

However, if you can get out of your wheelchair before getting in the taxi, you may be able to take a regular taxi without a reservation.

By the way, roughly speaking, I think it takes about an hour to ride from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku and costs about 10,000 JPY.

Considering the cost, it may be cheaper to book the taxi I introduced earlier and rent it by the hour.

Japan is still lagging behind in such systems.

I’m sorry.

Tak

Oshidori-Shuttle
    https://www.oshidori-shuttle.tokyo/tokyo-photographers-for-wheelchair-travelers/

Tokyo Care Support
    http://tokyo-care.or.jp/contact.html

• Nick

July 5, 2024 at 7:22 pm

Our experiences are this. We booked a private hire company WIlgo from Haneda in advance. Very expensive but worth every penny. They have a ramp so no need to exit wheelchair . Full tie in of wheelchair. Also we took a taxi from Yokohama to Haneda in a basic black cab. All these cabs have a small ramp to get a wheelchair into the cab but there’s not must space to fix the chair in the cab although it can be done . Beware most of the cab drivers are unaware of the fact they all have a ramp for a wheelchair as it’s hidden underneath the seats and hardly any cab drivers know what to do. There’s a definite lack of awareness and training of black cab drivers in Tokyo. We explained the method and availability to the driver and he was unaware of the situation. Some older cab drivers understand so it’s a bit pot luck .

Skip to content