Rental Cars with Hand Controls

• Rental Cars with Hand Controls

Posted by Rutger Holland on June 13, 2024 at 6:35 am

Hi everybody,

I am doing some research for a trip I like to make through Japan (from Tokyo to Nagasaki) and if possible I would like to travel with a rental car with hand controls. If possible with Tokyo as pick up city and Osaka as drop off. Rental period approx 3 or 4 weeks. If needed I don’t mind if the car must be returned at the same location as pick up.

I already informed at some rental companies, but without success. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks a lot!

Josh Grisdale replied 3 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Tak

June 13, 2024 at 5:07 pm

Dear Holland Mr.

Nice to meet you. Have you contacted them? I don’t know the details, but please contact them. I hope your trip will be a very good one.

Tak

https://task-rentacar.com/

• Rutger Holland

June 13, 2024 at 9:03 pm

Dear Tak,

Thank you so much. I have sent them an e-mail.

Hopefully they can help me.

Best regards from Amsterdam.

Rutger

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    June 13, 2024 at 5:20 pm

There was an old thread mentioning Ido (https://www.ido-support.com/english/rentacar.html) but the result was they only rent to people with Japanese drivers licenses… that might have changed so you could try contacting them. But likely @Tak has the best option.

• Rutger Holland

June 13, 2024 at 9:09 pm

Thank you Josh.

I really appreciate your reply. If it won’t be possible to rent a car with hand controls, than we will have more options. My partner can decide to drive the whole trip, or we can try to travel with less luggage, so that we can travel by train… That would be a huge challenge, because there is always a lot of medical issues that we have to take with us.

With best regards from Amsterdam,

Rutger

• Rutger Holland

June 13, 2024 at 9:22 pm

…by the way, according to what I could find on internet, you are also the founder of accessible-japan.com

I tried to registrate there via several browsers, but I without success. Can you help me to get a login there? I just started to organize a trip to Japan for next year. And I have to find out everything yet. I have enough time, so we may travel 4, 5 or 6 weeks. So that means that we don’t have to hurry and that we don’t have to travel too long distances a day.

As a moderator, you might see my direct email address. If you can’t, I have an email on gmail and it is easy, because it’s only my pre-name and my family name, separated by a dot.

Again, best regard,

Rutger Boerboom

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      June 13, 2024 at 9:43 pm

Oh! I wonder why…

hmm

Add me as a contact here and we can send private messages.

Skip to content