MIMARU APARTHOTEL_Hoist rental and bed

• MIMARU APARTHOTEL_Hoist rental and bed

Posted by theresia on October 22, 2024 at 1:55 am

Hello!

So glad to be here 🙂

My family and I (including an adult wheelchair user and a senior with minor balance issues) are planning a trip to Tokyo for October of next year.

We’re thinking of being based in either Asakusa or close to Tokyo station and using an aparthotel rather than a hotel.

Mimaru options seem grand but we will need to hire a hoist hence the following questions:

1) Do you know if they are ok with medical rentals (perhaps someone here has already some experience with them about this)

2) We noticed on the photos available that the base of the beds is covered by wooden board making the use of the hoist impossible: can they remove it or put the bed on blocks to allow access (we intend to ask them directly but if someone here already knows it would be nifty)

We have a lot of other questions but I will organise them as different discussion topics.

Already having some insights about this will help us know if we could proceed with Mimaru.

Thanks in advance,

Theresia

Anaïs K replied 8 hours, 59 minutes ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Anaïs K

October 22, 2024 at 5:01 pm

Hello Theresia,

I always advise, as you will do, to ask directly at the institution.

Between a 6 month and a year old request, some points may have changed.

These establishments are keen to welcome people with disabilities.

Here is some information found on their website:

” We also provide a “communication sheet” where we present the equipment and items available for hire at the hotel and inform you of your preferences.When making your reservation for the desired accommodation, please indicate in the request field if you will be accompanied by a person with disabilities or requiring medical care. We will send you a “Communication Form” to complete. Please respond with the completed information. We will then make the necessary arrangements, such as providing the necessary equipment, to ensure you can enjoy your stay in peace.”

Regarding the bed, maybe they have a medicalized bed?

Good luck with the preparation of the trip:)

Anaïs

Skip to content