Japan Renting Wheelchair

• Japan Renting Wheelchair

Posted by andrew zhou on August 8, 2023 at 4:03 am

Hi I am going to Japan in 10 days and I will be needing wheelchair accessibility. Does anyone know how to rent one? I tried the accesible Japan website form for rentals and it did not work. ANyone have any suggestions?

Josh Grisdale replied 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Linda

August 8, 2023 at 4:41 am

Hi Andrew,

I’m assuming this is for Tokyo area? If so, we rented a motorized wheelchair with Marudai Motor Company and couldn’t have been more pleased with the customer service and delivery/pick up with them. They do request yen upon delivery and a copy of your passport prior. They will not deliver or pick up from Narita but anywhere within the Tokyo prefectures. We loved the wheelchair so much we’re looking for one like it here in the US. Hope this helps.

• andrew zhou

August 8, 2023 at 8:03 am

Hi Linda, Thank you for responding, as this was a big help! I dont mind using a manual wheelchair but I just can’t seem to find anywhere online where to rent a wheelchair while in japan. I will be in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto but I will return and enter Japan through tokyo at the start of my trip. If you dont know where to get normal wheelchairs that is okay, thank you for the help!

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    August 8, 2023 at 10:51 am

Hi Andrew

I run Accessible Japan – you mentioned the rental form didn’t work?

• tabita

August 8, 2023 at 2:51 pm

If the Accessible Japan website’s rental form isn’t working, you might consider directly contacting local medical supply stores or equipment rental companies in Japan. Alternatively, reach out to your accommodation and inquire if they can assist in arranging a wheelchair rental for your visit. This approach should help ensure you have the necessary accessibility support during your trip.

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    August 8, 2023 at 3:15 pm

Hi again Andrew. I just checked the Accessible Japan mail server and there was an error with it and it wasn’t sending anything for the past week. I am very sorry and will reply shortly.

• andrew zhou

August 9, 2023 at 1:49 am

Thank you josh, will the form work soon? if not do you have any other suggestions or reccomendations?

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      August 9, 2023 at 6:11 am

Yes, it is working now!

Skip to content