Itinerary in Tokyo

• Itinerary in Tokyo

Posted by David on August 9, 2024 at 4:52 pm

We are trying to plan our time in Tokyo and was wondering how easy it would be to visit Meiji Jingu Shrine, Yoyogi Park and Takeshita Dori on the one day? Is the route to get from Meiji Jingu Shrine to Yoyogi Park easy for someone in a wheelchair?

The same goes for Sensoji, Asakusa and Ueno Park. Could we cover these places of interest in a day in this area as a wheelchair user?

We will only have 2 full days and 2 half days in Tokyo. We will be staying in Shinjuku near Shinjuku station. So we’re trying to make the most of the full days.

Thanks

Josh Grisdale replied 1 month ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Unknown Member

August 9, 2024 at 5:04 pm

Tokyo is very accessible. Public transport is. My husband and I will visit the same places. I use Google Maps to plan route by metro/ subway. And take a walking tour with GPS my city app.

• moyagray

August 10, 2024 at 5:30 am

David I would also like to know if this is doable we are also trying to do the Shinkuku area in one day.

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    August 16, 2024 at 12:05 pm

Hello,

Are you using a manual wheelchair or power wheelchair?

Yoyogi Park and Meiji Jingu are essentially next to each other and the entrances are maybe 3-min walk from each other. Takeshita Dōri is only a 1-2 min walk as well. Extremely doable in a day, more like a half-day. The top of the street from the station down on Takeshita is a bit steep, so a bit of care may be needed. You could walk to Shibuya to fill up the rest of the day.

Asakusa and Ueno are a bit far apart but not too bad (why I was asking about power wheelchair), but public transport is accessible. A full day is more than enough.

Enjoy!

Skip to content