is a portable ramp useful in Tokyo ?

• is a portable ramp useful in Tokyo ?

Posted by Stephane DEFREYNE on October 11, 2023 at 3:38 am

Hello everybody,

I own a dunslope light portable ramp

(https://www.rehabmart.com/product/stepless-portable-lite-wheelchair-ramps-50866.html)

I hesitate to bring it with me in Tokyo. Will it be useful ? Is there many places where the problem is only 1 step (I use a permobil m3 electric wheelchair) and this ramp will give me access, or is it just a waste of space to carry it with me everywhere ?

I travelled in Barcelona some years ago and it was very helpful, but I’m not sure it will be useful in Tokyo…

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Regards

alliejay replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    October 11, 2023 at 7:59 am

YES!

If it is not a hassle for you to carry with you, then I would highly recommend it especially if you plan on going to restaurants/shops. Many have just one step and a ramp could really open up opportunities to enjoy your trip.

It could be helpful at some tourist attractions, but not likely as much.

• Jul

October 11, 2023 at 11:34 am

Hello, it is not useful for travelling on metro or train or bus because they have one portable ramp.

We did’nt have one during our travel. But sometimes, on restaurants or shops, there was one step.

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      October 11, 2023 at 12:33 pm

Great point! Yes, unnecessary for subways and trains.

• alliejay

October 11, 2023 at 11:39 pm

I actually had not considered this! True that it’s unnecessary on public transport, but I hadn’t thought of it for restaurants and shops.

Skip to content