Fujikawaguchiko

• Fujikawaguchiko

Posted by gimom07 on August 24, 2024 at 1:37 am

I really want to go to Fujikawaguchiko. But is it even realistic or possible for someone in a wheelchair to go there? I seem to remember it being pretty hilly. All I want is to visit Fuji-Q Highland and then go up to Mt. Fuji 5th station. Maybe some other stuff too but those are the main things. It looks like you have to take buses to get anywhere – are the buses wheelchair accessible?

alliejay replied 1 day, 2 hours ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Josh Grisdale

Concierge
    August 24, 2024 at 10:48 am

Would you be open to hiring a tour/taxi?

• gimom07

August 25, 2024 at 7:44 am

I don’t want to pay for a whole tour, if I don’t have to. I’d be okay with riding taxis. I guess I’m hoping I can ride public transportation and was curious is the buses are wheelchair accessible. Another option is I could fold up my wheelchair and come on but don’t know how crowded the buses get and if they would even allow that.

• Josh Grisdale

Concierge
      August 25, 2024 at 10:22 am

My understanding is that the buses for local routes are accessible (sorry, never been 💦). However, if you look up the routes you plan to take in Google, it will tell you the route name and bus operator. You could then go to their website and they’ll likely either have accessibility information or a contact information you can use.

Of course, you can always ask here! If you tell us specific destinations (ie station X to location Y) someone can help look it up.

• alliejay

August 27, 2024 at 1:41 am

Hi there, we were in Fujikawaguchiko last year. I am a manual wheel chair user (my husband is abled bodied). While we did not go onto Mt. Fuji itself (so I can’t comment on that), we did take a very nice walk on a (paved) path around the lake which offers beautiful views of Mt. Fuji. Hope that helps!

• profkt

September 13, 2024 at 8:19 pm

Hi,

was it a day trip or did you book a hotel? We are looking for a hotel that has in room

onsen in Fujikawaguchiko —- I may have spelled it wrong…

• alliejay

September 14, 2024 at 5:02 am

We had a hotel but it did not have onsen in th room.

• gimom07

August 27, 2024 at 2:18 am

It does help. I was hoping to be able to walk around the lake but wasn’t sure it was possible. Thank you!

Skip to content