Best accessibility Shinagawa or Tokyo station

• Best accessibility Shinagawa or Tokyo station

Posted by moyagray on September 19, 2024 at 7:02 am

Hello, we will be taking the Shinkansen to Kyoto on a Saturday in November. we will be staying in Shinjuku and wondered which is the better station to pick up the Shinkansen from – Shinagawa or Tokyo?

I also wondered if there is a big difference between the Nozomi and Hikari for purposes of preserve in a wheelchair seat with companion?

and finally, is there an English language website where I can make a reservation? I see Klook is available and something called EX but I don’t know who these companies are and whether they’re reliable. Are you able to make reservations directly with JR?

Thank you so much for all your help

Unknown Member replied 13 hours, 52 minutes ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Tak

September 19, 2024 at 7:30 am

Good morning.

In my experience, I think Shinagawa Station is better because it is easier to access the platform. Also, there is no big difference between Nozomi and Hikari for wheelchair users. Rather, the big difference is in “Nozomi”. “Nozomi” uses new trains and has a convenient wheelchair space. Regarding reservations, “EX” is operated by JR, so it is reliable. However, you have to become a member. The only other way to be sure is to make a reservation at the JR counter. I hope your trip is a wonderful one.

Lastly…I am very sorry that I stopped receiving replies to your emails.

Tak

• moyagray

September 19, 2024 at 7:49 am

Good morning Tak

thank you so much for your response and wisdom. I think I will join EX!

• Unknown Member

September 19, 2024 at 11:46 am

I am a HR Professional and a PWD-mobility Challenges and Spinal injuries from India.I am a Rotary foundation Alumni.I am interested to be in communication with josh Grisdale. Please send me his email address and Contact no to discuss. I want to visit Japan to learn more about Accessible Tourism Gautam Chaudhary,+919937044148

• Unknown Member

September 19, 2024 at 11:47 am

Please add me in WhatsApp to communicate [email protected]

Skip to content