Anime Attractions

• Anime Attractions

Posted by butterflyqueen on July 22, 2024 at 7:17 am

I’m a huge anime fan, and I am looking for attractions that are wheelchair accessible. I have found a few that I would like to visit, but I’m not sure if they are accessible or not. And what I mean by accessible is that they are what we consider accessible, not what is “accessible”. Places I want to visit include Akihabara, a maid cafe, a cat cafe and the Naruto Amusement Park in Osaka. Any info/ suggestions are appreciated! I’m going to Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo.

Tak replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Tak

July 22, 2024 at 8:29 am

HI! Victoria.

I think that in every location there are “accessible stores and inaccessible stores”. Once the specific date of your visit is decided, I will search for a place that fits that schedule.

There are both cat cafes and maid cafes in Osaka.

Akihabara is the “home” of maid cafes, so you’ll probably want to go to a maid cafe in Tokyo, but I think you can also enjoy a cat cafe in Osaka.

You are talking about Naruto Amusement Park in Osaka, but is that by any chance “NIJIGEN NO MORI” on “Awaji-shima Island”?

If that is correct, please contact me again.
    Direct mail is also fine.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Tak

• butterflyqueen

July 22, 2024 at 11:47 am

I am talking about no Mori.

• Tak

July 22, 2024 at 5:16 pm

Um…

Does “no Mori” mean “somewhere other than that place”,

or is it “no Mori” in the sense that “Nijigen” has been omitted?

Tak

• butterflyqueen

July 23, 2024 at 7:49 am

Yes, Nijigen. Sorry, I couldn’t remember the full name

• Tak

July 24, 2024 at 3:49 pm

Dear Victoria

Hello! Understood.

“Nijigen no Mori” is located on Awaji Island.

You can only get there by car from Osaka.

You can go by bus, but unfortunately it is not wheelchair accessible.

It is about 45 minutes by car from Osaka (depending on traffic conditions)

If you want to go to this place, I can show you around. I can also arrange tickets. Of course you can ride while sitting in a wheelchair (depending on the size)

Please feel free to contact us anytime.

Tak

• butterflyqueen

July 25, 2024 at 4:50 am

Mine is not manual, it’s a power chair that was where I was getting hung up on the website because I saw that Manuel wheelchairs and strollers were not recommended for the park but nothing about power chairs

• Tak

July 25, 2024 at 11:21 am

Dear Victoria

Hello.

What do you mean by “not recommended”?

When I looked at the “Nijigen no Mori” website, it said that there are many steep slopes in the “Naruto area” and it is difficult to access in a wheelchair…

So…I called and asked.

It seems that the “Chi no Maki attraction” in the “Naruto area” can be experienced in a wheelchair.

The same goes for electric wheelchairs. However, it seems that it can be difficult depending on the size and specifications.

Does your wheelchair have a special specification?

Can you tell me the size and specifications? It would be even better if you could provide a photo.

Thank you.

Tak

• Jul

July 23, 2024 at 12:52 am

Hello

You can go to :

Ghibli muséum in Tokyo : it is smala but Nice. And Ghibli Park.

Take the ticket in advance.

Skip to content