Montego Bay – ideas for accessible trips

• Montego Bay – ideas for accessible trips

Posted by TravelLover on August 21, 2024 at 5:55 pm

In January 2025 we are heading for Jamaica to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We have booked a resort hotel in Montego Bay and would love to get some ideas for excursions in the not too distant vicinity of Montego Bay. I travel with a foldable manual wheelchair so I don`t need a specific accessible car. Look forward to some inputs. Thanks

TravelLover replied 2 weeks, 2 days ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Marjorie

August 29, 2024 at 1:21 am

I have been to Jamaica plenty times as thats where my family is from. I’m also an attendant to PWD. You will definitely need to hire a driver. You could do a private tour for you and your partner.

If you do a public tour, they’re often accessible unless one of the tour at a building with stairs. Sometimes there are walkng tours.

I know people have done this one https://www.tripadvisor.ca/AttractionProductReview-g147311-d11478775-Private_Half_Day_Tour_in_Montego_Bay_Jamaica-Montego_Bay_Saint_James_Parish_Jamaic.html Check it out and call them.

The most interesting thing is the river tours or bamboo boat tours, which are not as accessible. There are some restaurants that are famous though.

Do not leave the resort on your own. Book with your hotel or directly with the booking agency.

I hope you have an amazing time. Jamaica is beautiful 😍

• TravelLover

August 29, 2024 at 5:06 pm

Dear Marjorie, many thanks for your reply. Yes we will book some tours via the resort/hotel.
      Are there any places you would recommend which are not to far away from Montego Bay?

I am a little surprised when you state “do not leave the resort on your own”. We have travelled a lot around the world and never encountered issues wondering around during daytime. Is this different in Montego Bay – exploring the vicinity of the S Hotel?

Skip to content